I just migrated my website (https://mruanova.com) from Google Maps to Mapbox. In the process I found that Mapbox.js is now obsolete since they released the new Mapbox-GL-JS a month ago (July 2019, see here: https://github.com/mapbox/mapbox-gl-js/releases).
var map = L.mapbox.map)
- No longer in active development.
- Supports raster tiles.
- Tiles are generated by the server.
- Map styles can’t be changed in the browser, but map overlays can be styled dynamically.
Mapbox GL JS (syntax
var map = new mapboxgl.Map)
- In active development — we are adding new features, improving existing features, and fixing bugs.
- Supports vector tiles.
- Maps are rendered client-side by the browser.
- Map data and styles can be changed dynamically.